- Staff Introduction
Originally from Tokyo, devoted to the North American culture due to the former musician dream. After he started snowboarding in his 20's, he travelled around the mountains of Japan. Then he joined the working holiday program in Canada. Previous chef experience allowed him to say in one of the best ski resorts in the world/mountain biking mecca, Whistler for 4 years, riding every day all year around.
Since 2007, he moved his base to Niseko, Hokkaido, and working as a MTB guide, trail building/event coordinator in summer and ski/snowboard instructor in winter.
Alongside in Japan and Canada, Teppei has also mountain biked and snowboarded in New Zealand, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. He passionately uses this broader knowledge within his work. The feel, spirit of a place also plays a key roll in his work, by incorporating this in accordingly.
- Japanese Heavy machinery operational cert for construction
- Canadian Avalanche Association Level 1 Ski operations
- Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructor Level - 3/Park level - 1
- International Mountain Bike Association member
- Professional Mountain Bike Instructor Level 1 Instructor
- Trail design and building achievements
- Whistler Off Road Cycling Association/Maintenance of trails: 2003 - 2006
- Niseko Village Pure Mountain Bike Course Cross Country Course (XC) Skills Park building/Maintenance: 2008 - 2011
- Black Diamond Lodge Dart Jump building: 2008
- Niseko Mountain Bike Club sponsored Grand Hirafu Bike Challenge Downhill (DH) Course building: 2009
- Gravity Fed DH DH Course Formation: 2010
- Green Roots Dirt Niseko Village Dual Slalom, Pump truck course building: 2011
- Hanazono Hills (private ownership) share trail/bump track creation: 2011
- Aizu Takatsue Ski Area MTB Park DH, XC, Skills Park, Dart Jump building, instruction/Mechanic/Operation Training Instructor: 2012
- Yotei challenge Hirafu DH course building: 2013
- Rhythm Cycles / Grand Hirafu DH Course building: 2014
- Kutchan-cho Asahigaoka ski resort Flow trail building: 2016
- Niseko Grand Hirafu MTB Park design, building and consulting: 2017 - Current
Originally from Gunma prefecture, Takeshi moved to Tokyo to become a PE teacher. While studying in university he found his passion for skiing. After graduation, he started working at a sports shop and became busy with daily tasks such as customer service, inventory control, and bicycle maintenance etc.
In 2013, he moved to Niseko, fascinated by its nature. He found a job in a ski shop and bike shop. This allowed him to cultivate a much deeper knowledge of the industry and customer perspective. This naturally led him onto becoming a guide. Now Takeshi conveys his fascination of Niseko's nature to customers by MTB and skiing.
- Bicycle Safety mechanic/Engineer
- Professional Mountain Bike Instructor (PMBI, Canada)
- Certified Level 1 Instructor
- Mechanic · Trail Building · Instructor Achievements
- Oshmans Japan Co., Ltd. Outdoor Division Cycle Staff (2007 - 2013)
- Kutchan-cho Hirafu Higashiyama Hiking Course Repairment (Assistant) (2014 - present)
- Rhythm Cycles / Grand Hirafu DH course building (Assistant) (2014)
- Toya Granfond 2015 Maintenance support (2015)
- Hokkaido Sports Cycle Festival beginner mountain bike class (2016 - present)
|Company name||NINE LLC|
|Location||29-102, Kita 4 Higashi 2, Kutchan-cho, Abutagun, Hokkaido, Japan|